Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor or Plant Manager in their absence, the Material Handler is the primary person charged to pick, pack and ship selected sku’s. Additionally, they will play an active part in Cycle Counting of inventory items.
Primary and Secondary Duties and responsibilities
The Primary duties of the Material Handler – Fulfillment are:
- Select specific SKU’s as directly by sales orders via RF/WMS
- Packs the selected SKU’s according to set guidelines.
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
- Operates various pieces of equipment (i.e. Dolly Loader, Pallet Wrapper, Forklift, and Electrical Pallet Jacks).
- Reports any mechanical problems.
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Conducts cycle counts and reports inventory issues.
- Dock operations. May assist with the loading of commercial and customer pick-up orders..
The Secondary duties and responsibilities based on the needs of the company may include (but not limited to):
- Housekeeping. This will include trash removal, pallet removal, sweeping, etc. and to immediately correct or report any Safety issues.
- Receiving. May be called upon to assist in the receiving of containers or packaging.
These minimum qualifications are necessary to be considered for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with RF and WMS applications. Net Suite in particular preferred.
- Attention to detail is required to identify shortages, overages, mis-pick or labeling errors.
- Ability to read and interpret Picking Documents, Packing slips, Sales etc.
- Accurate mathematic aptitude is required
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds using safe lifting practices.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Organizational skills and ability to follow instruction.
- Ability to work in a semi-autonomous work environment.
Although not typical, must express ability to work evening and weekend hours when required. Minimum exposure to outside environment with the exception of receiving containers. Expect a warehouse environment with typical dust and temperature ranges found in Northeast Ohio.
The incumbent is expected to perform their duties on their feet for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects up to 70 pounds on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks while implementing safe lifting and work technique.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We require masks to be worn in all common areas, temperature to be taken upon arrival, sanitizing hands regularly throughout the day, social distancing required.
- Order Fulfillment: 1 year (Required)
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Required)
- Materials Handling: 1 year (Required)
- WMS: 1 year (Preferred)
- RF Scanner: 1 year (Required)
- Inventory Cycle Counting: 1 year (Required)
- Receiving: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma