Everything You Need to Know in One Place!
Our Learning Center is full of all the information you need. We want to help you through your decision-making process. We understand that buying cabinets is a big purchase. Our philosophy is the more informed the customer is, the better.
Below is our 10 Step Finishing Process. Learn about the process we take with each cabinet. The process ensures that we produce each cabinet the same way.
Below the 10 Step Finishing Process are our various resources with brief description. Click on the button for more information.
10 Step Finishing Process
NOTE: Steps may vary depending on finish and door style.
- Sand raw wood surface with 180 grit sandpaper and then remove dust
- Spray on stain or equalizer
- Spray on first wash coat of pigmented polyurethane
- Sand coated surface with 240 grit sandpaper and then remove dust
- Apply by hand pigmented wiping stain/glaze (only applies to Cambridge and Renaissance)
- Spray or apply by hand second wash coat of pigmented polyurethane (depends on door style)
- Sand coated surface with 320 grit sandpaper and then remove dust
- Spray on third wash coat of pigmented polyurethane
- Sand coated surface with 400 grit sandpaper and then remove dust
- Spray on natural clear lacquer or clear polyurethane for flawless finish
Our blog is full of helpful posts. We cover the latest kitchen and bathroom trends. We offer helpful information for a smooth-running renovation. You’ll also find all the latest Choice Cabinet news and announcements. You can also subscribe to the blog by clicking here.